
- development: TRF-1 orders the release of Forcaro, the master’s owner
- Read also: Details that draw attention in Forcaro’s habeas corpus
To persuade Judge Solange Salgado, of the Federal Regional Court for the First District (TRF-1), To get him out of prisonForcaro’s lawyers attached to the case a document from the Central Bank containing details of a meeting between the CEO and Supervisory Director of the Bank of British Columbia, Ailton de Aquino Santos, and with the head of the Banking Supervision Department, Belén Santana. The appointment took place on the 17th of this month, that is, hours before the federal police operation that took him to prison.
The BC document says the CEO previously informed the corporation that he would travel to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, to hold a meeting with a group of foreign investors. The letter was signed by Paulo Sergio Nieves de Sousa, Deputy Head of the Central Bank’s Banking Supervision Department, who also participated in the meeting.
- Warning sign: A new wave of central bank investigations is coming
- investigation: Key contracts and the BRB “fabricated” to justify the embezzlement of R$12.2 billion
Forcaro’s defense used this to refute the argument that he was trying to escape while traveling and that he could leave the country to escape investigation.
But the Central Bank confirmed that the Director of Supervision and the Banking Supervision Department did not receive “correspondence, e-mail, or written message” containing information about “the journey to end negotiations with Arab investors.” In other words, what happened was an oral communication from Forcaro during the video conference, and it was not recorded. When contacted by the blogger, BBC said it would not comment.
Forcaro participated in the BC meeting via video the Monday before last, between 1:30 p.m. and 2:10 p.m. He ended up being arrested on the same day, around 10 p.m., at Guarulhos International Airport in São Paulo, when he tried to board a private plane heading to Malta.
- Master: The technicians told investigators that the political pressure on British Columbia was unprecedented
- By plane: The PF suspects tried to escape and smokescreen the Master’s sale to Victor
The judge cited BC’s letter in the decision The arrest of Forcaro and four other executives was replaced by precautionary measures. Such as electronic ankle bracelets, withholding passports, and preventing contact with those being investigated.
“Petitioners have attached evidence proving that the patient had previously informed the Central Bank of his international flight to Dubai, having been formally informed of the reason for the flight – the sale of a financial institution – during an official meeting held on the same date of boarding,” the judge noted.
- In the crossfire: PF will investigate Master’s $1 billion operation with state and municipal pension funds
- Read also: Banco Master hired the wife of Alexandre de Moraes
“Therefore, the remaining risk of evasion of the guilt zone appears to be controllable by a less onerous procedure, consisting of surrendering and retaining the passport(s), demonstrating that such procedure is appropriate and proportionate.”
As the blog reported, throughout the investigation that led to the arrest of Forcaro and six other targets in Operation Zero Compliance, technicians from the Central Bank informed the Federal Police and the Public Ministry that They have never been subjected to such political pressure To the benefit of a financial institution like the one that suffered in trying to rescue Master – first by approving the purchase by the BRB, which BC objected to in September, and then postponing intervention and giving the opportunity for a new bid, even if it is not possible.
The information was requested from BC by Forcaro’s defence
The Central Bank commented on the meeting at the request of Forcaro’s defence, which requested that details about the content of the meeting be recorded in order, as this information is not usually available on the Central Bank’s website.
- 1 year ago: Caixa directors lose their positions after blocking a “risky” and “atypical” operation worth R$500 million from Master.
- Congress: The senator is trying to “revive” the CPI after the operation that led to the arrest of the CEO
Check out what BC’s letter says about Vorcaro’s video conference below:
“At the meeting, the petitioner reported on the ongoing measures to mitigate the critical liquidity situation of the conglomerate, and informed that on that date it was in negotiations with Mastercard Brasil to formalize new contractual terms that would allow the release of previously blocked resources in escrow, with the purpose of obtaining sufficient resources to honor the settlement networks for payment arrangements.
He then moved on to discuss the ongoing negotiations in search of a market solution for the main group, after working on the sale of the group into three parts and to different investors. He stated that this was the reason behind the request to anticipate the hearing scheduled for November 19, 2025, as he intended to announce by the end of November 17, 2025 the sale of Banco Master SA to a group of national investors, and that he would travel to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, on the same day, to sign the contract and announce the process with the group of foreign investors who will also become part of the new shareholding block of the institution.
Regarding this deal, he said that he would hold a video meeting the same afternoon with representatives of the Financial System Regulatory Department to inform them that they would, on the same date, submit an Intent to Buy and Sell Contract to begin the licensing process with the Central Bank of Bahrain. Finally, he reported that he expects to sign the Will Financeira sale contract on November 18, 2025, and that he is working to announce the sale of Banco Master de Investimentos by the end of the week.