
Investigations into Operation Poço de Lobato, launched by the Public Ministry of São Paulo (MPSP) and the Federal Revenue Service on Thursday (27/11), against Refit, the former Manguinhos refinery, owned by Ricardo Magro, also targeted former political commentator Jovem Pan and former member of Movimento Brasil Livre (MBL), Cristiano Beraldo.
Read also
-
Sao Paulo
The political commentator is the target of the operation against tax evasion
-
Sao Paulo
Who is commentator Jovem Pan and MBL member targeted in the operation?
-
Sao Paulo
Magro Group paid R$65 million for property worth R$684,000, MPSP says
-
Sao Paulo
Who is Ricardo Magro, the owner of a group targeted in a police operation in the state of SP?
Beraldo is being investigated for maintaining several offshore companies in Delaware, a US state considered a tax haven, to withhold billions from Revit Group. He also runs a business at the same address as Magro’s wife in Miami, where Malik Revett and Beraldo live.
to CapitalsMBL spokesman and former state representative Arthur de Val, known as “Mamäe Falei,” said on the YouTube channel he runs that the dismissal from MBL came from Beraldo, whom he refers to as a “friend,” who “took the most appropriate position possible.”
The group’s spokesman said: “He (Peraldo) lives in the United States, and his political activity is much more related to comments on Jovem Ban and much less to extremism. And in that moment, when faced with this problem, he took this position which, for me, is the correct position possible.”
MBL has just launched a party called Mission, which was approved this month by the Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSE). Beraldo has already been considered to run in the presidential election for Misao. Today, the most likely name is Renan Santos, founder of MBL.
When asked, Fall refuted that Peraldo’s departure from the MBL might hurt the launch of the new party.
“It does not interfere in any way. We are in an innovative process. No other political group has achieved what we have achieved with the current rules,” he said. “The interesting thing about our political group, which I think is the difference, is that we are not people who revolve around the popularity of a charismatic person. There is no such thing,” he added.
Beraldo approached the MBL in 2022, at that time with the aim of convincing João Amoedo, who was Novo’s candidate for President of the Republic in 2018, to run again. That year, Peraldo ran for federal representative for União Brasil in São Paulo. Previously, he was affiliated with the PSDB, and in 2021, he was Secretary of Tourism of Eduardo Paes (PSD), in the Rio de Janeiro City Council.
Who is Cristiano Beraldo?
- Cristiano Beraldo identifies himself on social media as a “disaffected Brazilian.” He was a member of Movimento Brasil Livre (MBL) and was Candidate for federal representative in 2022, for União Brasil de São Paulo.
- Beraldo graduated in management and has managed companies in the oil and technology sectors. He was the CEO of J.Global Energy Inc. US corporate partner of Refit.
- For a few months, in 2021, he served as Rio de Janeiro’s Municipal Secretary for Tourism under the administration of Eduardo Paes (PSD). At the time he was a member of the PSDB, a party he joined in 1999.
- Beraldo also worked as a political commentator for Jovem Ban. The radio refused to comment on the case..
- Two days before the operation, the channel published a video clip containing Beraldo’s analysis of the political scenario after the preventive arrest of former President Jair Bolsonaro (PL).
- In addition to political commentary, Peraldo maintains numerous videos on social media on various topics, from interviews with politicians to opinions on behavior.
- After he was the target of the operation, he published a video clip in which he said that he was “surprised” and announced that he would leave Jovem Ban and “political activity” to devote himself to responding to the authorities.