Scottish blogger Kirsty Weil has gone viral on social media after she accused two Brazilian content creators of plagiarism in travel-related material. In the video, she claims that Brazilians copied a script she produced and entered it into a prize. Creators Daisy Remus and Guilherme Curie even won the article trophy, which was withdrawn following the fallout from the case.
According to Kirsty, the original content was published in January 2024 and could have been reproduced “word for word” and translated by Brazilians in a text released in June 2025. She also stated that photos she took during the trip were used in the Brazilian version. In one recording, Kirsty says she was erased from the photo and shows a comparison between the two versions in the video.
Read also
-
It’s gone viral
Singer was arrested after he pulled out a gun on live television during a fight with his ex-wife
-
It’s gone viral
Video: Pop star Mario is sexually harassed at a concert and reprimands one of his fans
-
It’s gone viral
Ex-Fazenda records her birth and the photos spread on the networks
-
It’s gone viral
The Doctor shows mineral oil taken from Jojo Du Paix’s face; See photo
The Brazilian material was entered into an award promoted by the European Travel Committee (ETC) and won in the Written Content category. They attended the ceremony and shared the victory on social media. From there, Kirsty began investigating and realized other people had been ripped off by the creators.
After the repercussions, Kirsty stated that she contacted the company organizing the competition, and later informed her that the prize had been withdrawn.
“They make a living traveling, collaborating with brands, yet they use other people’s words and images to power their blog,” Kirsty said in the video, which went viral on social media. “I don’t understand why anyone would do that.”
Watch the videos
British influencer accuses Brazilian travel bloggers of plagiarism – 1 pic.twitter.com/EF4DJEGA8j
—WWLBD
(@whatwouldlbdo) November 28, 2025
British influencer accuses Brazilian travel bloggers of plagiarism – 2 pic.twitter.com/txceXWqNkv
—WWLBD
(@whatwouldlbdo) November 28, 2025
Repercussions
As the report became widespread, Kirsty decided to delete the videos in which she reported on the case. In a new story she published on Saturday (11/29), she explained that she kept everything private because she felt “overwhelmed” by the volume of videos, comments, and gossip pages reflecting her words.
“I know this can happen when you post content publicly, and I know it was all done with good intentions, but I feel out of control with my content. I appreciate all the support, but let’s leave it there for now. I’ll post an update next week, but for now I’ll just enjoy my weekend,” she said on social media.
The case was covered in the Ministry of Gossip edition CapitalsOn Friday (11/28). The team tried to contact the Brazilian influencers but received no response. The space remains open.
The organization of the European Communication Prize 2025 also spoke to the portal in a note and confirmed that the withdrawal of the award by the Brazilians occurred after a “detailed analysis” concluded that the text “does not meet the requirements for originality.”
Read the full memo:
“The European Communications Award is an initiative of the European Travel Committee to honor journalists and content creators who contribute to strengthening the image of Europe as an excellent tourist destination for the Brazilian public.
In its thirty-fifth edition, the award received a record number of 553 entries across three categories. They were all evaluated in terms of format, subject matter, geographical scope, date of publication and channel of distribution.
The selected works were analyzed by an independent jury of communications and tourism professionals, who recommended the winners based on accuracy of information, clarity of language, general appeal and artistic quality.
After the ceremony, it was determined that one of the selected articles may not meet the criteria for originality. ETC contacted the author of the registered work and the purported author of the original work to hear their version. After detailed analysis, it was concluded that the work did not meet the originality requirements and was disqualified. We appreciate the cooperation of both authors during this process.
The award was then distributed to the first place alternative in this category. This is the first time a situation of this kind has occurred in the award’s 35-year history. Although disappointing, it reflects the increasing interest and prestige of the award in recent years.
Given the increase in registrations and the complexity of the evaluation process, the ETC is considering measures to strengthen standards of originality and accuracy in future editions, such as clearer guidance on the use of external sources and materials, good content creation practices and artificial intelligence tools to support business health analysis.
(@whatwouldlbdo)