
On November 29, 2025, the President of the Republic, Gustavo Petro, used his social networks to send an expanded message to media entrepreneurs who published information about irregularities during his administration.
It is worth noting that conversations were revealed between the heads of the FARC dissidents led by the pseudonym Calarca, in which the alleged links between the illegal groups and senior officials of the Colombian state, such as General Juan Miguel Huertas and the Director of Intelligence of the Director of National Intelligence, Wilmar Mejía, were revealed.
Now you can follow us on our website WhatsApp channel And in Facebook
In view of this, the Head of State confirmed that the information circulated was false and was being promoted by the businessmen behind the media, especially Luis Carlos Sarmiento and Alejandro Santo Domingo.

“On the same day, two pieces of information appeared in both @Eltiempo and @CarcacolTV to make the Colombian and American public believe that my government is allied with illegal armed groups. After a coordinated effort by the mainstream press and the country’s wealthy tycoons, Carcacol is owned by Alejandro Santo Domingo and time by Luis Carlos Sarmiento. The weather information has been proven false,” Petro wrote on his X account.
He added: “It is about recording a conversation between two people, one of whom is a police officer who says, according to Tempo, to Wilmar Mejia, from the Director of National Intelligence, that I have removed him from the list of potential police officers who will retire, as if I obeyed Wilmar in these matters (…)” Tembo did not correct him, even though it was proven that he was lying. Since Sanchez and the well-known journalist are people who are not in my government, the intelligence thesis that imposes promotions on me (sic) has been dismantled.

As for the president, the articles he published the time and Caracol News It sparked a wave of attacks and criticism against his government. “From that moment all the opposition leaders and their journalists started to destroy us. But the truth is different. General Huertas did not work in my government. I restored him to his position only two months ago. He retired in 2021 in the Duque (sic) government,” Petro said.
He emphasized in his defense that those responsible for providing the information were several former generals who were removed from the National Army for their involvement in suspicious actions and violations related to the institution.
“Those who developed the media strategy for Caracol and El Tiempo were this team of officers retired by me, and they believed that Wilmar and Huertas advised me on the issue of promotions and retirement and I obeyed them. Many of these retired officers are now meeting in Medellin to practice politics.”which they have the right to. But they are not united by a system of ideas as such, but by imitating what I have done, they think of bringing them back to the general force with whom they believe the next president will be with them (sic).”
In his message, the Colombian Head of State stressed that the actions of the former military are led by right-wing candidates who are campaigning and will be linked to false positives.

Gustavo Pietro said: “They believe the far right is making a comeback and are thinking of Abelardo de la Espriilla, who will be committed to reintegrating those responsible for the false positives and human rights violations involved into the group of those isolated by my government. So far there is nothing illegal. The problem arises when they decide to build facts and use their knowledge in intelligence and others to launch attacks on my government by breaking the law (sic).”
Then he said: “General Fajardo, whom I retired for reasons I maintain, began working with the local authorities in Antioquia and Medellin, and together with the former police general Martinez, they produced a political security field similar to the one built against the social establishment. The group of retirees turned into Oribismo by chance (sic).”
President Pietro confirmed that the army was provided with protection by Medellin Mayor Federico Gutierrez, who in his opinion “He has achieved enormous control over the public prosecutor’s offices in Antioquia, a fact which I denounced as anomalous, since the executive should leave the judiciary independent, and whose influence exists in the Department of Antioquia (sic).”