A former Chavez military man reveals ties between ETA and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia

Venezuelan soldier Milton Gonzalo Revilla, forcibly retired from the army Chavez’s armyAccording to the complaint, for his participation in an internal investigation into links between ETA members and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) for training in guerrilla tactics, he was arrested. He is ready to reveal all the information he knows about her, and in the next few days he will visit Spain, between December 3 and 11.

Hand in hand with the Association of Victims of Terrorism, Dignity and Justice (DyJ), headed by Daniel Portero, the former member of the Venezuelan Special Forces is trying to reopen the National Court case in which the relationship between the terrorist gang and the guerrilla group was investigated starting in 2000, the year in which ETA was founded. 23 people were killedThis is the highest number of murders since 1992.

In March of last year, Milton Gonzalo Revilla submitted a document to the Central Court of Instructions No. 6 in which he offered to reveal what he knew. «The prosecutor’s office opposed reopening the case The judge follows his ruling. “Milton is living proof that ETA members taught the FARC how to handle sticky bombs,” Dignity and Justice told ABC, because – according to the aforementioned document – the soldier was dismissed from his duties after his conviction for the events on the orders of Hugo Carvajal Barrios, the former head of the Chavista intelligence extradited by Spain to the United States, where he was accused of drug trafficking and arms smuggling.

“Between October and November 2000, the passage of citizens was recorded José Arturo Cubillas Fontan and Iñaki de Juana Chaos “He crossed the border post, accompanied by Commissioner Luis Castillo of the Venezuelan Directorate General of Combating Military Intelligence (DGCIM) and citizens Nelson Pinilla Daza and Aldemar Pinilla Daza (members of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia) in the direction of the camp set up by the 33rd Front of this narco-terrorist group in the Venezuelan Catatumbo-Colombo sector,” Milton Revilla said in the document delivered on March 10, 2022.

Revilla investigated the entry of ETA members along with members of the Bolivarian guerrilla into Venezuela in the 2000s.

“The intelligence work I carried out in cooperation with the Venezuelan National Guard concluded that the aforementioned citizens Participate in educational exchangestraining Colombian guerrilla members in the preparation and use of explosives and urban terrorist operations; Later, in 2002, a member joined the Hezbollah organization.”

ETA member Arturo Cubillas has worked for Hugo Chávez’s government since 2005, and Venezuela has also provided protection to de Juana Chaos for decades. Whom Spain requested to extradite in 2015Without success because he was not in any prison in the Latin American country.

According to Milton Revilla, this military intelligence surveillance he conducted helped determine that “members of these terrorist groups on the Colombian-Venezuelan border were benefiting from identification.” Venezuelan officials To avoid the control of the Chavista authorities violating these practices and to hide their identities even from the Colombian authorities.

He reported these events to the Venezuelan authorities since 2002. He went to the Ministry of InteriorEven defense and even the presidency. “However, the operational records were placed in the custody of the General Directorate of Counter-Terrorism based on its request and the relationship that existed between members of the Venezuelan Armed Forces, the FARC Secretariat and the Government of Venezuela,” he says.

Milton Gonzalo Revilla Soto, in another old photo on loan

ABC

The former military man confirmed before the National Court, in the document seen by ABC, that the investigation conducted by intelligence personnel of the Venezuelan National Guard “led to Some members of ETA in Venezuelaamong them José Arturo Cubillas Fontan, Guizdir Odrizola, Azier Joridi Zaluña, Ignacio Echeverría Landazábal and Iñaki de Juana Chaos, work directly with the citizen Elias Jawa Milano, Ministry of the Office of the Presidential Secretariat, in the capacity of “special agent”, which exempts them from any police, administrative or judicial proceedings against them, and who “continuously travel” the flights. Political, intelligence and military exchange in the Republic of Cuba,” referring to the early years of the 2000s, when Hugo Chávez was at the head of the Bolivarian regime.

“Forced withdrawal”

The soldier’s work led to his “forced retirement,” he said, from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Venezuela, ordered by “Generals Raul Isaias Baduel and Jorge Luis García Carneiro at the request of General Hugo Carvajal.” Activities coordinator Such as drug trafficking and terrorist operations in Venezuela to destabilize the government of Colombia,” in those years ruled first by Andres Pastrana, and later by Álvaro Uribe.

The soldier denounces that he was subjected to trial and torture at the hands of the head of the Chavista intelligence, Horgo Carvajal, to prevent him from speaking.

In 2011, Milton Revilla was granted the status of a protected witness in the 75/09 summary of the National Court regarding the relationship between ETA and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), which is why he insisted on its reopening, claiming that he had evidence of the mentioned links and that “members of the General Directorate against Military Intelligence (DGCIM), Under the command of Hugo Carvajal, at the request of ETA and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).“They worked towards my arbitrary detention, fraudulent prosecutions and torture in order to discredit me as a witness in this case.” He is now outside Venezuela and residing in the United States.

Before the Human Rights Court

In July 2011, with protected witness status, Revilla appeared at the Spanish Embassy in Caracas “in order to obtain the support of the Ambassador and to investigate, Through diplomatic representationMy appearance before the Spanish court. After a long wait, and according to the comment of the Spanish Ambassador’s private secretary, and after several calls, I was forcefully ordered to leave the embassy headquarters. “I was never allowed to enter the aforementioned diplomatic headquarters again,” he denounced.

Then, he claims, “he was judicially tried in Venezuela to avoid being brought before this investigative court and was tortured.” By orders of Hugo Carvajal Barrios in order to obtain a confession that would discredit me in the aforementioned summary. He has reported the facts to the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, a matter “pending a trial”, and with Hugo Carvajal now in the hands of the US authorities, he insists on appearing in Spain to say what he knows.