Sertanejo Diego takes a breath after his wife was attacked by her ex-partner

Country singer Diego, from the duo Diego and Victor Hugo, revealed his reaction after the assault on his wife. Liz AlvesIn front of the businesswoman’s shop on Friday night (11/28).

The artist issued a statement on Social media Speaking about the impact of the incident, he states that he has faced a history of threats and persecution for years and requests that the case be dealt with by the courts.

Diego’s outburst

In the text, Diego describes his shock when he learned of the attack.

“Guys, today I came here not as an artist, but as a husband and as a human being, to open my heart to something very painful. Yesterday, my wife Liz was cowardly attacked at the door of her own store. Camera images show that the attack was committed by my ex-partner, accompanied by her current husband. Seeing the woman I love attacked like this, without any chance of defense, is pain that no man should feel,” he wrote.

The citizen said he was in Curitiba to fulfill his professional obligations when he was informed of the violence. He stated that his absence at the time exacerbated the feeling of helplessness in the face of what happened.

Diego and Laiz Alves.
1 of 3

Diego and Laiz Alves.

Reproduction/social networking.

Diego and Laiz Alves.
2 of 3

Diego and Laiz Alves.

Reproduction/social networking.

Diego and Laiz Alves.
3 of 3

Diego and Laiz Alves.

Reproduction/social networking.

“We have been suffering from persecution for years.”

“What devastates me most is that I was not there,” he said. “At the time of the attack, I was in Curitiba to implement the duo’s agenda, and she had to face all of this alone. Over the years we have witnessed persecution, threats and intimidation, which I have always tried to resolve in the most peaceful way possible. But yesterday, everything went beyond any limit imaginable.”

After the incident, Diego stated that he had already taken the necessary measures with his wife. The couple intends to continue all legal steps until those responsible are identified and punished.

“Now, we stand firm and take all legal action. We trust in justice and will not back down until everything is cleared up and held accountable. I sincerely ask that you send strength, positive energy and prayers to Liz and our family. This support has been essential to keeping us afloat in such a difficult time. Thank you for every message, every gesture of affection and every prayer.”

In the comments of the post, Liz thanked her husband for his support when he spoke publicly about the episode. “Thank you for not letting me feel remotely lonely. I think this will all end, it has to end! I love you!” she wrote.

Jealousy

In a report he submitted in an interview with Portal LeoDias, the citizen once again spoke on the topic: “It’s been about five years since we were threatened by my ex-wife on social media, but even there with you, she threatens me, saying that I don’t help with my daughter, that I’m not there… But it’s all a lie, you know? It’s all a lie. I’m always present.”

He went on to say that he believes his ex-partner is jealous of his current partner: “My current partner today has nothing to do with (the problems of the past). My current partner today just helps me, he helps me a lot, he helps me a lot with my daughter. I think that’s also a little bit of envy.”

“Her (her ex-boyfriend)’s emotions are completely out of control, and she has no balance to deal with this kind of thing.”

Worried about the daughter

The singer from the duet with Victor Hugo revealed his concern about the health of his daughter, who suffers from type 1 diabetes, and stated that family disputes harm the child’s safety. According to him, the custody is shared, but the daughter does not have regular contact with him.

Diego said that he avoids revealing his personal life, but the situation has become unbearable, and he hopes that the courts, supported by the police report submitted by his wife, will intervene to resolve the impasse.